Who we are
A leading cultural player
Since its founding in 1977 by Alain Simard, André Ménard and Denyse McCann, L'Équipe Spectra has contributed to developing and raising the profile of the Montreal cultural scene on both the national and international levels, with an array of major productions and events.
Founder of many major crowd-pleasing events such as the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal, the Francos de Montréal and MONTRÉAL EN LUMIÈRE, l'Équipe Spectra is also known for:
- High-quality, rich, and diversified stage productions designed for touring.
- A daring record label, with a focus on emerging bands as well as established artists of the local and international scene.
- A unique cultural complex, housing a performance hall and a documentation center-cinematheque on jazz, in the heart of the Quartier des spectacles in the Maison du Festival.
- A dynamic artist agency, representing some of the most talented and respected artists on the Quebec and French scenes.
- Renowned concert venues: MTELUS, M2 and Studio TD.
L’Équipe Spectra acquires a nightclub and concert hall called Métropolis.
With 2 million visits, the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal celebrates its 25th anniversary in style and enters the Guinness World Records as the largest jazz festival in the world.
For the 20th anniversary of the MONTRÉAL EN LUMIÈRE, several new gastronomic events are announced: the Quartier Gourmand, the Nuit Gourmande and the Circuits gourmands.
Laurent Saulnier becomes a consultant for the FIJM and the Francos de Montréal after 23 years in charge of programming. Maurin Auxéméry is appointed director of programming.